HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 20th November 1856 for 90 boys.  Re-certified 8th March 1904 for 100 boys and the 7th April 1909 for 105 boys.  Closed 1928.

The founder of the school was Lord Leigh.  The school was purpose-built which later took the name of WESTON SCHOOL.

STAFF

1866 - Superintendent Mr Shaddock ; schoolmaster Mr Horth,

1867 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Shaddock ; schoolmaster Mr Horth.

1868 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Shaddock ; schoolmaster Mr Horth.

1869 - Mr Shaddock only mentioned.  The inspector also noted "Lord Leigh's interest in the school enabled 12 of the boys to emigrate during the year"

1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Shaddock ; schoolmaster Mr Shaddock

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Pengelley; schoolmaster Mr Manning; general assistant Mr S. Pengelley.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Pengelley; schoolmaster Mr Whitwell

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Pengelley; schoolmaster Mr H. Jones; assistant teacher Mr Gibbs.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Pengelly; head schoolmaster Mr J. H. Jones; assistant schoolmaster and gymnastic instructor Mr E. A Pengelley; band instructor and general assistant Mr Boswell.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Pengelley; head schoolmaster and gymnastic instructor Mr E.A. Pengelly; assistant schoolmaster Mr A.B. Lane.  The inspector noted that "the only change of staff has been Mr Walter who was granted a pension after 46 years faithful service, and has since died".  He was succeeded by Mr Shettle.