Originally certified 27th June 1856 as Allesley Farm Reformatory at Tile Nr Coventry - a small farm which had been extended. The school removed from Tile Hill on 1st March 1869, to a disused hospital in Coventry, which was altered and fitted for the purposes of the school. Certified 17th February 1869 for 45 girls.
In 1907 the school removed to Kenilworth. Became Knowle Hill Approved School from 1933.
1866 - Matron Miss Wakeling.
1867 - Matron Miss Melhuish
1868 - Superintendent Miss Melhuish.
1869 - Superintendent Miss Phillips.
1872 - Superintendent, Miss Phillips; schoolmistress Miss Whimby.
1884 - Superintendent Miss E. Higginbotham; schoolmistress Miss Penn.
1891 - Superintendent Miss Higginbotham; schoolmistress Miss Gwyn; laundry matron Mrs Perry.
1893 - Superintendent Miss Higginbotham; schoolmistress Miss Gwyn; laundry matron Mrs Perry.
1900 - Matron Miss Crombie. Miss Burgess succeeded Miss Home as teacher on 22nd January 1900; Mrs Hulme succeeded Miss Fidler as assistant matron on 10th March; laundress Mrs Percey.
1903 - Matron Miss Crombie; teacher Miss Dean; assistant matron Miss Hulme. The laundress left 4th October 1902, between then and 7th March the post has been held by Miss Ada Page.