Certified 5th May 1859 for 260 boys. Re-certified 1st April, 1908 for 275 boys, in 1926 removed to Gravesend and re-certified for 200 boys. It became an Approved School from 1933 for 175 boys, combined ship and shore. By 1940/46? it had become wholly shore-based.
1866 - Captain Augustus Burton; schoolmaster Mr Cook, previously at the Hardwicke Reformatory School.
1867 - Superintendent Captain Augustus Burton; schoolmaster Mr Cooke.
1868 - Superintendent Captain Augustus Burton; schoolmaster Mr Cooke; chief officer Mr Brown.
1869 - Superintendent Captain Augustus Burton; schoolmaster Mr Cooke; chief officer Mr Brown.
1872 - Superintendent, Captain Cuming, RN. ; Schoolmaster Mr Cooke (retired during 1872 and was replaced by Mr Briggs).
1884 - Superintendent, Captain Arthur Morrell, R.N. ; chief officer Mr Willies; schoolmaster Mr H. Fish; assistant schoolmaster Mr Croft; boatswain Mr Fitzgerald.
1891 - Superintendent, Captain Arthur Morrell, R.N. ; chief officer Mr Gordon, Lieutenant in the Royal Naval Reserve; schoolmasters Mr Dobie & Mr Whistler.
1893 - Superintendent, Captain Arthur Morrell, R.N.; chief officer, Lieutenant Bickford; schoolmaster Mr Gardener; assistant Mr Williams.
1900 - Superintendent Rear Admiral Arthur Morrell; chief officer Mr A Nichols; schoolmaster Mr A.E. Hargreaves; assistant schoolmaster Messrs. T E Skeer and W.C. Ferguson; carpenter Mr Wells; chief seaman instructor, Mr Hunt; bandmaster Mr Sherringham.
1903 - Admiral Morrell retired 30th September 1902 and was succeeded as Captain Superintendent by Captain A.H. Garnons Williams, R.N., and the latter's health necessitating his retirement towards the end of 1903 he was in turn succeeded by Captain Steele, R.N.; Mr Gilks has succeeded Mr Nicholls as chief officer; head schoolmaster Mr Hargreaves left 31st October 1902, Mr Ferguson being promoted to his place. The assistant Mr Skeer left on 9th February 1903 and was succeeded by Mr Cowley on 16th February 1903. Mr Wm Wilson 2nd assistant from 9th May 1903; Mr Wenman was appointed clerk on 13th October 1902.