HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Later became WERRINGTON SCHOOL.

Certified 21st March 1868 for 160 boys.  Re-certified 1923 for 150 boys.

An institutional building, with its own electric generators.  It became an Approved School from 1933 and believed to have moved to Rocester Way, Uttoxeter in or by 1961.

The name of the school was changed circa 1970 to Riverside School.

In July 2000 construction was underway to develop the house and adjoining properties into private residences.  Also there is now a garden centre.

STAFF

1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Horth; schoolmaster and assistant Mr James Horth.

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Benjamin Horth; schoolmaster Mr Mark Heslop; assistant schoolmistress Miss E. Heslop.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs B. Horth; assistant matron Miss Burchell; schoolmaster Mr Moreton; assistant schoolmaster Mr B.H. Horth.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Ben Horth; assistant matron Miss K. Burchell; schoolmaster Mr Moreton; assistant schoolmaster Mr B.H. Horth.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Benjamin Horth; schoolmasters Mr B.H. Horth, Mr Chance and Mr Whiteley.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs B.H. Horth; schoolmaster Mr G.H. Chance.  Mr Charles G. Burt was appointed assistant schoolmaster 4th February 1903 in place of Mr Whiteley.  Mr John G. Housden 2nd assistant on 20th December 1902 in place of Mr Millett, he having in turn succeeded Mr Glover.