ST NICHOLAS’ CATHOLIC INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS, MANOR HOUSE, LITTLE ILFORD, LONDON
Certified 26th March 1868 for 250 boys. Run by the Sisters of Mercy and lay staff it was the former home of Elizabeth Fry.
The school was originally at Walthamstow where it was certified on 22nd January 1862.
Auxiliary Homes –
164/166 Sherringham Avenue, Manor Park, which was certified on 31st March 1906 for 24 boys and on the 29th September 1908 it was certified for 12 boys.
55 Colebrooke Row, Islington, London which was certified 30th June 1894 for 40 boys. It closed in 1900
Woodgrove House, 607 Romford Road, Manor Park, London which was certified on 31st March 1906 for 24 boys and re-certified 29th September 1908 for 12 boys.