HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 30th December 1861 and re-certified 27th August1878 for 70 girls on removal to the new buildings in Walton Road.  Cessation of certification or closure December 1903.

Association with a Ragged School which was founded in 1856 as one of Cannon Thomas Major Lesterís activities and operated also as a Day Industrial School.  Both this school and the Day Industrial work was taken over by the Education Committee 18th May or November 1903 for 230 boys, 260 girls and 60 infants.

 Premises original in Stanley Road.