HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

FULTON ROAD, HOWARD HILL, NR. SHEFFIELD, SOUTH YORKSHIRE.

Certified 26th July 1861 re-certified 16th November 1875 for 120 girls.  Closed as a Reformatory School in autumn of 1887 and certified 24th September 1887as an Industrial School, which continued to use the same name ST JOSEPH'S INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR GIRLS.  Re-certified 1910 and again in 1925 for the reception of 100 girls.

Cessation of certification or closure 14th December 1931.

STAFF

1866 - Superintendent Miss Crawford.

1867 - Miss Crawford and other Sisters of the Order of Charity.

1868 - Miss Crauford/Crawford and other Sisters of Charity

1869 - Miss Crauford/Crawford and other Sisters of Charity

1872 - Miss Crauford/ Crawford and nine Sisters of the Order of Charity.

1884 - Superintendent, Sister Stephanie and seven sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.

1891 - Superintendent, Sister Stephanie and seven sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.

1893 - Superintendent, Sister Stephanie and seven sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.

1900 - Sister Superior Magdalen (Monica Weld)

1903 - Sister Superior Magdalen (Monica Weld); lay assistant Miss O'Reilly, Miss M. Mulrennan, in succession to Miss Bradshaw, 16th September 1902, Miss E. Mulrennan, Miss Cronin and Mrs Farrell.