Certified 11th March 1893 for 60 girls, and was intended as a relief to the crowded school at Gosforth, Nr Newcastle-on-Tyne. It was formerly occupied as a boarding school for boys, and was carefully adapted to the requirements of an industrial school for girls. It was situated a short distance from Darlington, and provided suitable accommodation for children and staff, with good gardens, and plenty of space for recreation and exercise.
Re-certified 16th August1898 for 120 girls and the 9th September, 1911 for 150 girls. Cessation of certification of closure 4th October 1926.
It later became a poor law school, the premises sold in 1968. There was also an Auxiliary Home, which was certified in 1906 for 20.
1893 - Sisters of Charity of St. Vincent de Paul.
1900 - Sister Josephine Cullen and 5 Sisters of St. Vincent de Paul.
1903 - Sister Josephine Cullen and 5 Sisters of St. Vincent de Paul; Miss Troy left 25th March 1902 and was succeeded by Miss A McHugh (Irish c.)