HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 28th October 1870 for (180/190) as an Industrial School.  Re-certified 17th February 1871.   Re-certified again at Upton Park on 26th January 1906 for 120 boys and on the 28th October 1907 for 127 boys.  Cessation of certification or closure as an Industrial School 18th January 1906.  It was then re-certified as a Reformatory School for 127 boys with the staff from St Edward's Reformatory School, Green St., Upton Park a.k.a Boleyn Castle Reformatory School

Had connections with St Nicholas, Walthamstow and St Francis' at Buntingford.

Cessation of certification or closure in 1932

STAFF

1872 - Superintendent, Mr Wilson.

1884 - Superintendent & matron Mr & Mrs John Webb; schoolmaster Mr Vincent Cody; yardmaster Mr L Keenan.

1891 - Superintendent & matron Mr & Mrs John Webb; schoolmaster Mr Vincent Cody; assistant Mr G. Mahoney.

1893 - Superintendent & matron Mr & Mrs John Webb; schoolmaster Mr Vincent Cody; assistant Mr G. Mahoney, was succeeded by Mr N. Kelly.

1900 - Brother Director, Arthur Doyle, and 3 brothers of the Order of Mercy; head teacher Mr J. Sliney; assistant teacher Mr P Daley; yardmaster Mr P Riordon 17th March 1900.

1903 - Brother Director, Arthur Doyle, and 3 brothers of the Order of Mercy; schoolmaster, Mr J. Sliney; assistant teacher, Mr C Warren.