Founded in 1867 by Lady Herbert of Lea for the children, who are educated and taught to work by the Sisters of Charity of St Vincent de Paul.
Certified 19th December 1870 for 65 girls. Re-certified 2nd November 1899 for 100 girls, 24th September 1904 for 110 and 6th October 1913 for 125 girls.
Cessation of Certification or closure February 1933.
DISPOSAL OF THE CHILDREN the girls easily obtain places, and many go to service in France. The girls are well looked after when they have left school.