HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 6th October 1882 for 40 boys.  Re-certified in 1893 for 80 boys.  Certified as an Industrial School, 19th August 1901 for 65 boys.  Closed March 1922.

An institutional building, purpose built set in 1.1/2 acres of land a few miles from Swansea.

STAFF

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Edwards; schoolmaster Mr Ward.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs S.J. Edwards; junior assistant Mr W. David.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs S.J. Edwards; assistant Mr W. David.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Edwards.  From 19th January to 25th June 1900 Mr Jones, the schoolmaster was on service in Africa; his place was taken temporarily by Mr Wm. Beynon Jones; assistant teacher Miss Rosamund Leyshon.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Edwards; schoolmaster Mr W. David; schoolmistress Miss R. Leyshon.