Certified 19th November 1874 for 50 or possibly 60. Re-certified in either 1908 or 1912 for 100 boys and then the number was increased to 108 during the war.
New purpose-built premises set in about 4 acres. Sometimes called Linthorpe School. Cessation of certification or closure in October 1924 and shut down in 1925.
1884 - Superintendent Mr Evans; matron Mrs Emmerson; schoolmaster Mr Allonby.
1891 - Superintendent Mr Tarrant; matron Mrs Tarrant; schoolmaster Mr Prebble.
1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs H. Allison; schoolmaster Mr Wm. David.
1901 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs A. Robertson; Mr M.O Roberts was appointed schoolmaster 15th February 1902, to succeed Mr David. The inspector noted that "The Watkin's silver shield and medals were won by the football team as champions of the Middlesbrough Schools League".