HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

a.k.a.

Address : 47a FALKNER STREET, LIVERPOOL and later shown as 65 FALKNER STREET, LIVERPOOL..

Certified on the 16th October 1868 for 50 girls.  It was carried on by six Sisters of Notre Dame, under the supervision of a committee of catholic gentlemen.  It had been in operation as a voluntary charity since 1819, and at the present site (47a Falkner Street) about 25 years.   Re-certified 20th August 1904 for 100.

Closed in 1906. 

STAFF

1868 - 6 sister of Notre Dame.

1869 - Lady Superior, Miss Powell, assisted by six Sisters of Notre Dame.

1872 - Superintendent Sister Juliana Powell and 6 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame.

1884 - Superintendent Sister Superior Jane Perry and 5 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame ; certified teacher Miss Heffernan.

1891 - Superioress and 5 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame ; certified teacher Miss Heffernan.

1893 - Superioress and 5 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame ; certified teacher Miss Heffernan.

1900 - Sister Anne Editha and 8 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame.  In charge of the schoolroom Sister Magdalen of St. Joseph, assisted by Miss Heffernan.

1903 - Sister Anne Editha and 8 sisters of the Order of Notre Dame.  Of these, sister Agustine of St. Joseph (Miss Monica Cooper) and Sister Genevieve des Agnes (Miss Monica Exton) are certified teachers.  Miss Marion Mantegani teacher in junior school.