Certified 21st July 1881 for 36 girls. Cessation of certification or closure 4th October 1915.
The school was housed in a small detached villa, and was for children sent under the special provisions of the Industrial Schools Amendment Act, 1880, for the particular needs of Portsmouth and Southampton.
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL INSPECTORS REPORT DATED 23rd July 1906
School licensed for 36; number of children at the school 35; 28 were London children ; 25 of the 35 were whole-timers ; of which 18 were London children.
1884 - Superintendent Miss M.L Miller; assistant Miss Mathew
1891 - Superintendent Miss Hanmer; schoolmistress Miss A Winfield; house matron Mrs Watson
1893 - Superintendent Miss Hanmer; schoolmistress Miss A Winfield
1900 - Superintendent Miss Hanmer; teacher Miss Sargeant; kitchen and house matron Miss Bentley. Miss Hill succeeded Miss Burton as needlework mistress September 1899
1903 - Superintendent Miss Hanmer; Miss F Oliver left 30th August 1902 succeeded by Miss S Parkes who left 30th January 1903 and was succeeded on 3rd February 1903 by Miss B.H. Bragg; assistant matron Miss L Thoroughgood
1906 - Lady Superintendent Miss Hannah Sarah Hanmer; schoolmistress Miss B H Bragg