HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 30th June 1859 for 80 boys.  Closed 28th March 1922.

A former ramshackle private house, joined to an old mediaeval school, owned by Mary Carpenter in 1859

Certified to receive boys under the Industrial Schools Act 1866 and Elementary Education Act 1876.  Supported by government and education committee's allowances supplement by voluntary contributions.

STAFF

1866 - Mr & Mrs Langabeer, schoolmaster Mr Cross.

1867 - Master and Matron, Mr & Mrs Langabeer, schoolmaster Mr Cross.

1868 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs Langabeer.

1869 - Superintendent Mr Langabeer.

1872 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs Langabeer.

1884 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs John Langabeer; assistant matron Miss S Langabeer; schoolmaster Mr E. Knight

1891 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs J. Langabeer; schoolmaster Mr Kitchen; labour-master Mr Wilson

1893 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs J. Langabeer; schoolmaster Mr J.W. Kitchen; assistant in school and labour-master Mr George Wilson.

1900 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs E. Chaffey; schoolmaster Mr P Tipton; Miss C Phillips was appointed assistant matron 7th September 1879 in place of Miss Major.

1903 - Superintendent and Matron Mr J Franks and Mrs Franks; schoolmaster Mr W.O. Braid