Certified 21st January 1856 for 50 boys. Re-certified 1st January 1903 until 31st December 1903 for 56 boys, extended further to December 1904 then again 28th July 1905 for 90 boys, increased to 100 boys from 1st April 1908.
It became NORTHAMPTONSHIRE TRAINING SCHOOL and then ST JOHN'S, TIFFIELD APPROVED SCHOOL for 100 boys.
A new building in farm and cottage style.
1866 - Master Mr Goode.
1867 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Goode
1868 - Mr Goode assisted by his wife.
1869 - Mr & Mrs Goode
1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Goode; assistant Mr Linnell.
1884 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Frederick Horth; schoolmaster Mr Vere; assistant Mr Arnold.
1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Heslop; schoolmaster Mr Woodcock; assistant matron Mrs Woodcock; farm bailiff Mr C. Perkins
1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Heslop; schoolmaster Mr Woodcock.
1900 - Mr & Mrs McColl were appointed superintendent and matron 29th November 1899, to succeed Mr & Mrs Jones who left on 21st October 1899; assistant matron is now Miss Brown, 29th November 1899; schoolmaster Mr Everard E. Lavers appointed 21st May 1900 to succeed Mr E. Saunders who left 8th December 1899; labour-master Thomas Pinckard; assistant Stephen Pinkard; tailor Joseph Foddy, 19th June 1900
1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs McColl; assistant matron Miss Brown; The schoolmaster Mr Lavers left 30th September and from 7th October to 27th February was replaced by Mr Morrell. Mr Hugh Orr was appointed master in training 6th November.