HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 10th May 1884 for 85 children.  Extended and re-certified in 1894 for 120.

Formerly a private house which had been modified.  Became Northcotts Approved School for 111 children  from 1933, possibly situated  at 115 High Street, Walthamstow??  In 1934 the intake of children was reduced to 85.  Renamed PISHIOBURY APPROVED SCHOOL, SAWBRIDGEWORTH, HERTFORDSHIRE.

STAFF

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Kirk.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs C.E. Kirk; assistant Mr W. Davies.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs C.E. Kirk; schoolmaster and assistant Mr W. Davies.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs C.E. Kirk; schoolmaster Mr Laws; assistant schoolmaster Mr Rivers left 19th February 1900 and was succeeded by Mr W. A. Stannard on 1st March 1900; temporary labour-master during the absence of Mr Hawkins in South Africa.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs C.E. Kirk; Mr Laws left 24th June 1902.  Mr W.A. Stannard was promoted to be head schoolmaster and Mr W.B. Smith was appointed to his place 11th July.