Opened at Milton, Gravesend 1875 and was certified on the 15th March 1875 for 150 boys.
Combined with Purbrook in 1900 at Cosham
Removed in 1898 to Alexander Road and certified 13th September 1898 for 100 boys.
Re-certified 13th November 1899, 24th December 1902, 10th April, 1903, 6th August 1904 and 1916 for 150 boys.
Stands on two acres and a half and is intended for the reception of boys who have not been convicted of crimes but who have been committed under Section 14 15 & 16 of the Industrial Schools Act of 1866.
From 1933 became NATIONAL CHILDREN'S HOME APPROVED SCHOOL - The Certified Industrial Branch, Alexander Road, Farnborough, Hampshire (NICKNAMED DR. STEPHENSON'S SCHOOL)
1898 - Principal Rev. T.B. Stephenson LL.D (Bonner Rd, London E); Governor Harry Tyson
1900 - Governor and matron Mr & Mrs H Tyson; schoolmaster Mr W. Wilson; house matrons Miss Silverthorn, Mrs Bateman and Mrs Edwards; sick nurse Mrs Day
1903 - Governor and matron Mr & Mrs H Tyson; schoolmaster Mr W. Wilson; assistant schoolmistress Miss R Flacey appointed 17th February in place of Mrs Edwards