Certified 8th October 1878 for 60 children.
The school kept up its practical operations until July 1884, when it was obliged to continue owing to the erection of the new building. The children under detention were all licensed out, and the school was in abeyance until the beginning of the year 1885. Re-certified after being rebuilt, 7th February 1885 for 140/150 boys.
It later became a dual-purpose, both long and short stay school. purpose-built school set in 1 to 2 acres of land, with an 1/2 acre garden.
In 1909 the school was licensed for long term use.
Closed December 1925.
1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs J. Walker.
1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs A.J. Walker; head schoolmaster Mr G. Chandler; nurse and seamstress Mrs Chandler; assistant teachers Mr Woodman and Mr O'Leary.
1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs J. Walker; head schoolmaster Mr G. Chandler; assistant schoolmaster Mr Cunningham (R.C.); and Mr Mellis (supply)
1900 - Superintendent Mr A.J. Walker; matron Mrs Chandler; schoolmaster Mr G. Chandler; assistant schoolmaster Mr W.E. Veal left 2nd December 1899 and was succeeded on 8th January 1900 by Mr John Davies; assistant schoolmaster Mr. W. Lyons (R.C.); assistant matron and trained nurse Miss Fellows.
1903 - Superintendent Mr A.J. Walker; matron Mrs Chandler; assistant matron Miss Fellows; schoolmaster Mr G. Chandler; assistant teachers Messrs. W. Lyons and J Davies.