HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 13th December 1878 for 160.  Re-certified 24th April, 1907 as an industrial school for 120. 

Purpose-built premises, with two adjoining sections, one Protestant and one Roman Catholic with similar internal accommodation.  Became HIGHTOWN APPROVED SCHOOL from 1933 for 120.

STAFF

1884 - Protestant section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs William Tyers.  Roman Catholic section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.B. George.

1891 - Protestant section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs J.K. Leitch.  Roman Catholic section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.B. George.

1900 - Protestant section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs J.K. Leitch ; schoolmistress Miss A. Strain.  Roman Catholic section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.B. George ; schoolmistress Mrs Kearney.

1903 - Protestant section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs J.K. Leitch ; schoolmistress Miss A. Strain.  Roman Catholic section : superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.B. George ; schoolmistress Mrs Kearney.