HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

This institution has been for some years in operation on the voluntary footing, under the management of Sisters of Charity, superintended by the Rev. Canon Fisher.  As managed by the ladies, the school was adapted for the reception of the younger class of boys.  The ages of admission was from 4 to 14 years.  The school was certified 21st July 1868 for 200 boys.

Founded before 1862 - probably started in 1862 at Everton Crescent, later called ST VINCENT'S, Beacon Lane. 

An institutional building which had been built around.  Became an Approved School for 150 juniors from 1933.

STAFF

1869 - Sister Myddleton and seven sisters of charity, advising director Rev. Canon Fisher.

1872 - Miss Middleton and Sisters of the Order of Charity.

1891 - Sister Superior, Sister Vincent Morrogh, and 11 sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.

1893 - Sister Superior, Sister Vincent Morrogh, and 11 sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.  The inspector also added that the boys camped out for a month in the summer at Meols on the coast, near Hoylake.

1900 - Sister Superior, Sister Vincent Morrogh, and 12 sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.

1903 - Sister Superior, Sister Vincent Morrogh, and 11 sisters of the Order of St. Vincent de Paul.  Sister Agnes (Catherine) Waldron left 4th November 1902.