HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 2nd December 1857 for 150 boys.  Re-certified in 1916, again for 150 boys.  A large well-built school set in  20 acres of land.  Became  East Moor School Approved School from 1933  for  the reception of 135 boys.

STAFF

1866 - Superintendent Mr Twigg (previously, under Mr Atty at the Liverpool Farm school)

1867 - Superintendent Mr Twigg

1868 - Mr & Mrs Twigg; schoolmaster Mr Bosomworth

1869 - Mr & Mrs Twigg.

1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Twigg; schoolmaster Mr Bosomworth.

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Twigg; schoolmaster Mr Walker; assistant schoolmaster Mr Duke; assistant schoolmaster Mr Etchells.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Twigg; schoolmasters Mr Bishop, Mr Black and Mr T. Twigg.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Twigg; assistant Matron Miss Twigg; schoolmasters Mr Black, Mr James Twigg and Mr Pughe.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs C. Walker; head schoolmaster Mr J. Twigg; assistant schoolmaster Mr A.E. Vince; manual instructor Mr A.E. Roberts; labour master Mr J. Carter.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Charles Walker; schoolmaster Mr J. Twigg; assistant schoolmaster Mr T.W. Linnell left in March 1903 and was succeeded by Mr Wm. A. Evans 11th April 1903