HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

This is the only one of the kind in England.  It is a refuge and reformatory for beggar and vagrant children and was founded in 1856 by the Rev. Cason Major Lester M.A (incumbent of St May's & St Lawrence's Kirkdale) who is the honorary general superintendent.

The School is available for 750 children in conjunction with this school which has no less than twenty-four certified homes, in which the most necessitous of the children are lodged, there is also a girls home in Walton Road., in which there is room in all the establishments for 860 children 1,500 meals are given each day and numbers are clothed at a cost in all upwards of 6,000 yearly.