At one time the Suffolk Reformatory School.
Certified 22nd March 1856 for 84 boys. Re-certified 22nd August 1902 for 100 boys and 1st June 1910 for 110 boys.
Originally set in 80 acres. Named after Sir Edward C. Kerrison, Bart., M.P., who was instrumental in the foundation.
Became Kerrison Approved School (Senior) from 1933.
The following is an entry in the 1912 Suffolk Trade Directory
Kerrison Industrial School, THORNDON, Eye, Suffolk
1866 - Superintendent Mr Gill
1867 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gill; Mr Gill's son assists in the school teaching.
1868 - Mr Gill is assisted in the boy's instruction by his son.
1869 - Mr Gill has now the assistance of his son, whom he himself trained for the work.
1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gills; assistant Mr John Gill.
1884 - Superintendent Mr Frederick Gill; matron Mrs Robert Gill.
1891 - Superintendent Mr F.W. Gill; matron Mrs Robert Gill; schoolmaster Mr Claxton.
1893 - Superintendent Mr Fred. W. Gill; matron Mrs Robert Gill; assistant matron Mrs F.W. Gill; schoolmaster Mr W, Claxton; labour-master Mr John Turner; assistant labour-master Mr David Turner; shoemaker Mr B. Hurrell.
1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Fred. Gill; schoolmaster Mr W.R. Claxton; shoemaker Mr Hurrell; bandmaster Mr A. Stark appointed 25th June 1900
1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Fred. Gill; schoolmaster Mr W.R. Claxton; band-master Sergt. E. Joyce, joining 10th August 1903; school and general assistant Mr Frank Gill joined 1st January 1903
1912 - Master Frederick William Gill; Matron Mrs F.W. Gill