Kent County Industrial School, Kingsnorth, ASHFORD, Kent.
STANHOPE INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR BOYS.
The school was built in 1875 at a cost of about £10,000. Administration block and infirmary were added in 1882 at a further cost of £7,000; the whole is now available for 200 boys. A bible Christian chapel was erected in 1837 and re-built in 1879.
Certified 26th October1875, for the reception of 200 boys. The superintendent T.S. Babington was previously at Buxton Industrial School. Became Stanhope Approved School for 126 boys from 1933.
1884 - Superintendent Mr Duke; matron Mrs. Duke; schoolmaster, Mr. Heritage; assistant Mr Church; labour-master, Mr Holdstock. Chaplain the Rev. G.D. Pagden.
1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs James Duke; schoolmaster Mr Church; labour and drill master Mr Holdstock. The Rev. Henry Furley officiates as chaplain.
1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs James Duke; schoolmaster Mr Church; assistant schoolmaster Mr C. Gibbins; labour-master and tailor Mr Boddy; bandmaster Mr E. Clinton. The Rev. Henry Furley officiates as chaplain
1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.S. Babington. Head schoolmaster Mr W.J. Barnett, assistant schoolmasters Messrs. Impett and M Goodrick. Remarks made by the inspector "It may be stated that the county has reason to be proud of this school. The managers are carrying on a work of the utmost public utility. As one example of the service they are rendering to the country, let the simple fact be recorded that over 50 old boy's are known to be at the front in South Africa"
1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs T.S. Babington. Schoolmaster Mr W.S. Barnett, first assistant Mr G.C Tigley. The 2nd assistant teacher, Mr P.C Mew left 20th September 1902 and was succeeded by Mr R. Owen.