Founded some years before, possibly 1858. The institution had been carried on for some years very successfully as a training school for girls going into domestic service, under the supervision of Mrs R. Hamond.
Certified 17th November 1868 for 50 girls.
The school comprised of a fair-sized dwelling house plus two new wings which are somewhat scattered.
Cessation of certification or closure 21st February 1903.
Dr. Barnado's took over the school.
* Not typing error - how presented in the inspectors report.
1868 - Mrs R Hamond
1869 - Mrs Hammond*
1884 - Miss Hamond of Fakenham directs the establishment. Superintendent Mrs Marshall.
1891 - Miss Hamond of Fakenham directs the establishment. Superintendent Mrs Marshall; schoolmistress Miss L Jackson; assistant schoolmistress Miss Mackay.
1893 - Miss S. Hamond of Fakenham has the general superintendence of the school; superintendent Mrs Marshall; schoolmistress Miss Jackson; assistant schoolmistress Miss Mackay.
1900 - Superintendent Mrs Marshall, Head teacher Mrs Applegate, assistant teacher, Miss Mackay, house matron Miss Applegate was appointed 28th November 1899.