Certified 4th January 1896 for 100 girls.
Roomy buildings which were originally a boys' boarding school, set in 14 acres of land. It became Thorparch Grange Approved School, Boston Spa, for 100 girls from 1933.
The girls school was an offshoot of Shadwell, and later as a boys' Approved School.
Thorp Arch became a remand centre for boys to take the pressure off the overcrowded Leeds Gaol (Guardian 4th April, 1986)
1900 - Superintendent Miss Levers; schoolmistress Miss Richardson succeeded Miss Tomlinson 17th October 1899; assistant schoolmistress Miss Verity 13th October 1900; Miss Ford 1st July 1900.
1903 - Superintendent Miss C. Levers; house matron Miss Birrell; schoolmistress Miss A. Blackburn; assistant teacher, Miss F. Verity; assistant teacher Miss Agar left 10th January 1903.
1906 - Lady Superintendent Miss C Levers; head schoolmistress Miss M.C. O'Neill; assistant schoolmistress Miss Edith Harding.