Erected in 1870. Certified 21st April 1877 for 100 girls. Re-certified in 1928 for 80 girls and 8 young boys.
The school was run from Manchester. From 1933 it became an Approved School.
1884 - Superintendent, Miss Stewart; schoolmistress, Miss S.A.A. Hathaway; assistant, Miss Dobson; house matron Miss A.M. Gifford.
1891 - Superintendent, Mrs Lyons; schoolmistress, Miss Hathaway; assistant schoolmistress Miss Holden; house matron Miss Hopton; sewing mistress Miss Roberts.
1893 - Superintendent, Mrs Lyons; schoolmistress, Miss Hathaway; assistant schoolmistress Miss Holden.
1900 - Superintendent, Mrs Lyons; head mistress Mrs Parr; assistant mistress Miss Holding. There have been several changes in the post of general assistant, in the room of Miss Bowers who resigned after 17 years faithful service. The post is now held by Miss Hilton. The inspector remarked "It is impossible to close this report without reference to the impending retirement of Mrs Lyons and the loss too of the services of Mrs Parr the head teacher".
1903 - Superintendent Miss Hopton; schoolmistress Miss A.G. Worthington; assistant mistress, Miss A. Holding; general assistant Miss M. Lay; laundress Miss G. Staite.
1914 - Superintendent Miss A.E. Hopton.