Certified 3rd August 1896 for 40 boys, run by the Waifs' and Strays' Society. Cessation of certificate or closure in May 1920.
Auxiliary Home, BATTERY GREEN ROAD, LOWESTOFT, which was certified 21st June, 1902 for 50 boys
1900 - Superintendent and Matron Mr. & Mrs. John Gill; Schoolmaster Mr. Walter Denny. On the farm - Farm Bailiff Mr. Pulfur and Mrs. Pulfur manages the dairy.
1903 - Superintendent and Matron Mr. & Mrs. John Gill; Schoolmaster Mr. W Denny; Miss Gooderham succeeded Miss Bilcliffe as assistant matron in September 1902.
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL CHIEF INSPECTORS REPORT – Date 15th August, 1906.
Number for which the school is licensed, 40 number of children in the School 35, London children 19; whole-timers 7 London children whole-timers 3.
Superintendent Mr. John Gill, Matron Mrs. Gill; Assistant Matron Miss Gooderham; Schoolmaster Mr. E.T. Porter
Originally a gentleman’s private residence. The premises are well situated in good grounds and are suitable for a small school.
Conduct and Discipline – Good. There are 28 cases of corporal punishment for ordinary schoolboy offences. One London boy absconded but was soon recovered.
The boys have three suits: best suit, blue cloth; second grey cloth; third a working suit of corduroy.
Disposal of the Children, - Five less last year: 4 went to Canada, and the fifth into a motor factory.