HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Certified 7th May 1866 for 150 boys.  Re-certified in 1916. 

Cessation of certification or closure June 1922. 

It would appear that the school had been purpose-built.

STAFF

1866 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap;

1867 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap;

1868 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap;

1869 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap;

1872 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap; Schoolmaster Mr Hyde.

1884 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap; schoolmaster Mr William Robinson; assistant schoolmaster Mr Chas. Burnham.

1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap; schoolmaster Mr Hinde.

1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W. Heap;  schoolmaster Mr Hinde.

1901 - Governor and matron  Mr & Mrs W.H.  Heap; assistant governor Mr J.W. Heap; head schoolmaster Mr R.W. Hind; assistant schoolmaster Mr A. Heap; assistant schoolmistress Mrs Hind; assistant matron Miss F. Heap.  A new tailor Mr Brazier was appointed in June 1899.

1903 - Governor and matron Mr R. W. Hind and Mrs Hind; secretary and assistant-governor Mr J.W. Swaine; schoolmaster Mr R.H. Shockley; assistant teacher Messrs. H.S.C. Rees and W.S. Barrow.