Founded 1st May 1849 as RAGGED & INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, Mill Street, Hull, Yorkshire. In June 1857 opened in new buildings in Marlborough Terrace, certified 24th March 1862, at first it was a mixed school, then from 1868 boys only.
Cessation of certification or closure 1st July 1884, and re-opened as a Truant School, certified 1st July 1884 for 100 boys. Closed 1st July 1909
An institutional building of Gothic character.