HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Founded March 1852 as THE CHILDREN'S FRIEND SCHOOL with three boys in it.  Certified in 4th October 1854 for 80 boys.  Re-certified 30th May 1905 for 100 boys and in 1918 for 88 boys.

Foundation due to Thomas Barwick, Lloyd Baker and G. Bengough.

The school was two cottages combined. 

Closed 25th March 1922.  The pioneer Barwick Baker School.

STAFF

1866 - Mr Gee; schoolmaster Mr Newton

1867 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr Newton

1868 - Superintendent Mr Gee and his wife

1869 - Mr Gee

1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr Porter

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr Fisher; farm bailiff Mr Powell

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr O. Gee

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr Moore

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Gee; schoolmaster Mr Sibthorpe

1903 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs Robinson; schoolmaster Mr E. Sibthorpe