The school is under the control of a committee of seven members. Certified 4th March 1858 at CWMAVON, TAILBACH, HOWDREF-GANOL. The new school at TY SEGUR was certified 12th March 1875 for 70 boys and re-certified in 1899.
A well-built structure of stone, with blue brick dressings, pleasantly seated on the slope of a hill overlooking the town and valley of Neath. From 1933 it became an Approved School for the reception of 120 boys.
1871 - Chairman of managing committee John Coke Fowler Esq., The Gnoll, Neath; Vice Chairman Rev. John Griffiths, Neath; Treasurer John Henry Rowland Esq., Neath; Secretary David J. Rhys, Neath; Superintendent Michael Farrah; Matron Mrs. Farrah.
1872 - Superintendent and wife Mr & Mrs Farrah.
1884 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Michael Farrah; schoolmaster Mr Ashton; farm bailiff Mr Ewens; tailor Mr Lewis.
1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs G. Ewens, who tool charge from 1st December 1890; schoolmaster Mr G. Ashton; farming-man Mr Smith; tailor Mr Probert.
1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs G. Ewens; Mr A. Babington; farm bailiff Mr Smith; tailor Mr Probert.
1900 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs G. Ewens; schoolmaster Mr Elvish; assistant schoolmaster Mr Ashton (5 night per week); tailor Mr Thornhill.
1903 - Mr & Mrs Ewens left on 9th July. Mr Goode was in charge from 16th to 23rd July, and from that date and until Mr & Mrs Goode could take up their appointment as superintendent and matron on 21st October, Mr & Mrs Waite were in charge. Schoolmaster Mr Elvish; labour-master Mr Stride. Mr Owen was appointed tailor-master in April; assistant matron, Miss F. Staples.