The school was erected in 1883 by Mr F. W. Crossley of Manchester for a number of inmates not exceeding 30, and certified on 28th October 1884.
The premises consist of a very satisfactorily built house, the second of its kind, with well-considered accommodation of a superior character. No. 1 house is intended for a better class of girls. No. 2 is for a more degraded class of children, to meet a want much felt in the district.
Cessation of certification or closure 1890 but it may have continued as a voluntary home.
1884 - Superintendent, Miss Percival; schoolmistress, Miss Knight.