Certified 9th August, 1899, in place of "CLARENCE". The temporary premises consist of the old county prison, the severer features of which were softened during its tenancy by the Jesuits. The prison yard was converted into a beautiful garden, with rows of trees set formally, and the walls inside were covered with creepers and climbing flower plants.
1900 - The Captain superintendent of the Clarence, Commander G.H. Young has remained in charge of the institution, and has been supported by all his principal officers, including chief officer, Mr Leahy and head schoolmaster Mr Kearney. The school staff, two assistants Messrs. J Doyle and J O'Donohoe; Chaplain, Rev. W. Hunt.