HOME PAGE

SCOTLAND INDEX

Certified 18th May 1885 for 30 boys, enlarged and re-certified in 1887 for 30 boys, then on the 2nd May 1931 for 20 boys, part of the school was certified as an Auxiliary Home on the 21st November 1931 for 4 boys. 

From 1933 it became an Approved School.

Dale cottage was a home-like building.

STAFF

1891 - Superintendent and matron r & Mrs Aiken; schoolmistress Miss Bissett.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Aiken; schoolmistress Miss Brown.

1900 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs Stewart; teacher Miss Blacksill.

1903 - Superintendent and Matron Mr & Mrs Stewart; teacher Miss Blacksill.