Certified 9th March 1857 for 150 boys. Closed in 1898.
September 1872 - Inspector commented "Special attention was drawn in the course of the year to the case of a boy named David Gillespie, who died after a long and tedious illness. Complaint was made by the relatives that he had been much neglected at the school, and left to linger in a dying state, without proper medical treatment. Inquiry was made into the facts of the case, and though the charges of cruelty and neglect were not substantiated, it was clear that the arrangements for special cases of continued and incurable sickness were defective. The boy was left without medical advice, and no decided steps were taken to remove him to an infirmary, where he would have received regular medical treatment and careful nursing. The want of cordial co-operation on the part of the officials has been the chief cause".
The premises were described as ‘A handsome residence’
1866 - Management - Mr Donald.
1867 - Superintendent Mr Donald
1868 - Mr Donald reigned the superintendence due to ill-health. Mr Robert Simpson, formerly assistant at the Wellington Farm and since master at the Riddrie branch of the Glasgow House of Refuge was appointed.
1869 - Superintendent Mr Robert Simpson, appointed March 1869.
1872 - Superintendent Mr Robert Simpson; schoolmaster Mr Warrack; matron Mrs Campbell; bailiff Mr George Bain.
1884 - Superintendent Mr R. Simpson; matron Miss Jane Innes; schoolmaster Mr Hugh Grahame; farm overseer Mr George Bain.
1891 - Superintendent Mr Robert Simpson; matron Miss Pyper; schoolmaster Mr Hugh Graham; farm overseer Mr George Bain.
1893 - Superintendent Mr Robert Simpson; matron Miss Pyper; schoolmaster Mr Hugh Graham; farm overseer Mr George Bain.