These three schools appear to be the same - with name changes over the years.
Newcastle upon Tyne Industrial School for Boys and Girls, Jubilee Rd., Newcastle-upon-tyne.
GARTH HEADS RAGGED AND INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Newcastle Ragged and Industrial School, City Road, Newcastle.
The Ragged and Industrial School, off the City Road, on the site formerly known as "Garth Heads" was established in Sandgate 11th August 1847, its object then being simply to feed and educate 50 poor children, it was next removed to Gibson Street, from 1848 and subsequently to the present site Jubilee Road in 1855. A purpose-built school with a structure of brick with stone dressings and has dormitories for 140 boys and 60 girls: the average attendance in 1892 was 128 boys and 54 girls. The children who live on the premises come under the provisions of the Industrial School and Elementary Education Act, other children attend during the day only receiving food and education and returning to their homes at night. One half of the boys are under school instruction each day and the other half are employed in various industrial occupations, the boys in the workshops are under the care of trade instructors and a large amount of work is accomplished in printing, tailoring, shoemaking, sack making and fire wood chopping. There is an excellent boys band of brass and reed instruments in connection with these schools a seaside home is maintained at Whitley and all well conducted children have the privilege of a holiday at the seaside in the cause of the year.
The school certified as an Industrial School the 3rd June 1859 for 175 boys and girls. Re-certified 28th September 1910 for 150 boys only.
Under the inspection of the home office which is managed by a committee of gentlemen - Hon. Sec's Dr. Robert Spence Watson and J.T. Oliver.
Removed to Axwell Park, which had been adapted to meet the needs of the school, in 1922. From 1933 it became an Approved School for 150 juniors.
The old buildings used as school were demolished March 1973. The remaining buildings were used as a Community Home by Newcastle Council, then in 1986 plans drawn up for it to become a high-grade hotel.
AUXILIARY HOME 204 Westmorland Road, Elswick certified April 1921 for 26 closed in 1927/8.
CONVALESCENT HOME Whitley Bay.
1866 - Superintendent Mr Morgan; matron Miss Baxter; schoolmistress Miss Hall.
1867 - Superintendent Mr Morgan; matron Miss Baxter.
1868 - Superintendent Mr Morgan; matron Miss Baxter; schoolmaster Mr Cameron; schoolmistress Miss Dodds.
1869 - Superintendent Mr Ralph Willoughby; matron Miss Baxter; schoolmistress Miss Dodd.
1872 - Superintendent Mr Willoughby; schoolmaster Mr Rowley; industrial teacher Mr Dodd.
1884 - Superintendent Mr R. Willoughby; schoolmaster Mr Jas. H. Murray; assistant schoolmaster Mr Lumsden; boys warden Mr Bruce; matron Miss M.A. Brough; schoolmistress Miss Bowey; assistant schoolmistress Miss Hadden; work master Mr Dodd.
1891 - Superintendent Mr R. Willoughby; matron for girls Miss Brough; schoolmasters Messrs Murray and Jolly; school teachers for the girls Miss Grant and Miss Bowey.
1893 - Superintendent Mr R. Willoughby; matron Miss M.J. Dowman; schoolmaster Mr T.H. Murray; assistant Mr Purvis; teachers for the girls Miss Grant and Miss Bowey; matron of the seaside home at Whitley, Mrs Hunter.
1900 - Superintendent Mr R. Willoughby. Mr Percy Willoughby appointed assistant superintendent 1st July 1899; schoolmaster Mr J.H. Murray; assistant schoolmaster Mr J. Purvis left 18th January 1900; schoolmistress on girls side Miss K. Scott; assistant teacher Miss Isabel Scott.
1903 - Superintendent Mr R. Willoughby. Mr Percy Willoughby; schoolmaster Mr J.H. Murray; assistant schoolmaster Mr D. McDonald; machine constructor and drawing master Mr J. Weatherburn (2 hours weekly); staff on girls side Matron Miss Dowman; schoolmistresses Miss Kate Scott and Miss Isabel Scott.