HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

Soho Street School was founded circa 1848 and certified 19th November 1861 as a mixed school.  Re-certified 15th March 1868 for 150 boys.  The boys were transferred to St Anne Street May 1869 and re-certified 10th May 1869.

It was in a former judge's lodgings.  Closed May 1922. 

Auxiliary Home at Oakhill, Old Swan which was certified 19th December 1893 for 30 boys.  Re-certified 11th December 1895 for 50 boys.

STAFF       

1868 - Christian Brothers.

1869 - Brother Tertullian Superior, and five Christian Brothers.

1872 - Brother Tertullian Superior, and five Christian Brothers.

1884 - Superintendent, Brother Superior Ater and six Christian Brothers.

1891 - Superintendent Mr H. Pridgeon ; matron Mrs Pridgeon ; chief schoolmaster Mr John O'Donnell ; Mrs Culligan teacher for the juniors.

1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs H. Pridgeon ; chief schoolmaster, Mr J. O'Donnell ; certified teacher for the juniors Mrs Culligan ; clerk Mr Spradbury ; band and drillmaster, Mr Mitchell.

1900 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs H. Pridgeon ; schoolmaster, Mr J. O'Donnell, assisted by Mrs Culligan.

1903 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs H. Pridgeon ; schoolmaster, Mr J.J O'Donnell left 7th September 1903 ; schoolmistress Mrs J.M. Culligan ; printing overseer, Mr McIneray.