EAST LONDON INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL & SHOEBLACK SOCIETY, MANSELL ST., WHITECHAPEL.
Certified 1st July 1859 when at 4 Mansell Street.
Removed to 43 Leman Street, London and re-certified 28th March 1873, where it carried on for 14 years
Re-certified 28th October 1884 for 120 boys, which was later extended to 150 boys at the new premises. The boys moved in on 1st October 1884 19 BROOKBANK ROAD, LEWISHAM
1868 & 1869 It is noted as EAST LONDON INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL, MANSELL ST., WHITECHAPEL.
1866 - Mr Wise.
1867 - Superintendent Mr Wise; matron Mrs Wise.
1868 - The inspector comment as follow "circumstances compelled the Managers to require the resignation of Mr Wise, who had been for many years the superintendent of the institution. He has been succeeded by Mr Lark, who previously looked after the shoeblack brigade connected with the school".
1869 - Mr & Mrs Thomas Pitt as master and matron; Mr Tourell, out-door inspector, and Mrs Brookfield who assists him; Mr Bullen, schoolmaster.
1872 - Mr Pitt superintendent; matron Miss Ross.