HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

a.k.a.

Built in 1885 and certified 29th June 1885  for the reception of 150 boys.  Closed in 1922

A large structure of red brick.  A farm school, which was purpose-built set in about 50 acres and a large garden under careful cultivation, and a detached infirmary.

It became a Tuberculosis Sanatorium, then a Home for the Mentally Defective.

STAFF

1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W.J. Goodenough; schoolmaster Mr Newton; assistant schoolmaster Mr Murray.

1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W.J. Goodenough; schoolmaster Mr Newton; assistant schoolmaster Mr Murray.

1901 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W.J. Goodenough; schoolmaster Mr L. Newton; assistant schoolmaster Mr W. Murray.

1903 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs W.J. Goodenough; schoolmaster Mr L. Newton; assistant schoolmaster Mr T. Cahill.

1914 - Superintendent Walter J Goodenough; Schoolmaster Lancelot Newton; Farm Bailiff John Stainsby.