HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified at first at Exe Island May 7th 1863.  Removed and re-certified 7th August 1869 for 70 boys, 1904 for 60 boys, 1906 for 80 boys 1916 for 45 boys.  Became Church Stile Approved School for 50 boys from 1933.

A private house with an additional wing built to accommodate the boys.

STAFF

1866 - Mr & Mrs Curzon (master and matron), schoolmaster Mr Roberts.

1867 - Mr & Mrs Curzon (master and matron).

1868 - Mr & Mrs Curson superintend the institution.

1872 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Dixon; schoolmaster Mr Woodcock.

1884 - Superintendent Mr & Mrs J. Bosomworth; schoolmaster Mr M. Stedman; workmaster Mr J. Crook; shoemaker and warden Mr J. Ponsford.

1889 - Superintendent John Bosomworth: Honorary Secretary Brutton John Ford

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Heppell; schoolmaster Mr. M.F. Stedman;

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Heppell; schoolmaster Mr. M.F. Stedman; Hon. Secretary Brutton John Ford.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Heppell; schoolmaster Mr. M.F. Stedman; assistant teacher Mr H. Mann; carpenter Mr W. Dymonth.

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs W. Heppell; schoolmaster Mr. M.F. Stedman; assistant teacher Mr H. Lavis

1914-1919 - Superintendent William Heppell; Honorary Secretary Henry Ford.