Certified 21st April 1899 for 120 boys. Became an ordinary Industrial School in May 1910. From 1933 it became Bryn-y-don or Brynydon Approved School for 120 children.
1900 - Superintendent Mr William Davies; matron Miss M.F. Toft; schoolmaster Mr A.E. Vale. Mr John Davies assistant teacher left on 5th January and was succeeded on 11th February by Mr John Jackson.
1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr A.J. Peck and Mrs Peck. Mr Sharpe schoolmaster resigned 31st August 1902 and Mr Griffiths was appointed 1st November. During the interval a supply teacher, Mr Sargent acted as schoolmaster.