Founded in 1852. Certified 7th July 1855. Certified as an Industrial School in 23rd June 1894 for 80 boys. Re-certified 1898 for 80; 5th September 1900 for 90; 1911 for 96 and 26th January 1914 for 100 boys
From 1933 became RED HOUSE FARM APPROVED SCHOOL for 100 senior boys which ceased to operate in the 1980s.
The spelling of 'Babbington/Babington' has been transcribed as show by the Inspector and not spelling mistakes.
1866 - Superintendent Mr Babbington and his wife.
1867 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Babington.
1868 - Mr Babbington has responsibility of the school instruction as well as general and industrial supervision, with only one assistant (a superior labourer) Mrs Babington has the assistance of a servant for the cook and household work.
1869 - Mr Wright has rigged two masts etc., to teach navel exercises, and has thus added a useful and very popular branch both of training and amusement.
1872 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Babington.
1884 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs T. Babington; schoolmaster Mr Claxton, succeeded by Mr T. Babington jun.; tailor and assistant Mr Edwards
1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs T. Babington; schoolmaster and general assistant Mr T. Babington, Jun; tailor and shoemaker Mr Edwards.
1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs T. Babington; schoolmaster and assistant superintendent Mr T. Babington, Jun; tailor and shoemaker Mr Edwards.
1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Alfred Babington; schoolmaster Mr Chester. Miss Chester has been appointed assistant in the schoolroom.
1903 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs A. M. Babington; schoolmaster Mr W. Cox.
LONDON COUNTY COUNCIL INSPECTOR REPORT DATED 3rd August 1906.
The school is licensed for 90 children - number of children at the school 68; 13 of those were London children, whole timers in school 10, no London children were whole-timers.
Superintendent Mr A.M. Babbington Matron Mrs Babbington Assistant Matron Miss Lloyd Schoolmaster Mr. Cox Assistant Teacher Mrs Cox