HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 13th October 1882 for 40 boys.  The average length of detention is about three months.  The school was closed 9th August 1905.

A private house 3 miles due north on the London Road.  The dormitories were formerly an extensive range of stables.

STAFF

1885 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs E. Taylor (succeeded Mrs & Mrs Edward Shaw as master and matron in April 1884); schoolmaster, Mr G. L. Mackay.

1891 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs E. Taylor; schoolmaster, Mr Heath.

1893 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs E. Taylor; schoolmaster Mr Williams; labourmaster Mr Potter.

1900 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Burn; schoolmaster Mr Godden

1903 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Burn; Mr A. J. Godden left 30th June.  Mr R. Adam will shortly be appointed, Mr E.A. Humphrys is temporarily in charge of the schoolroom.  Later in the year Mr 7 Mrs Burn resigned and were succeeded by Mr T. A. Robinson and Mrs Robinson.