HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 27th December 1855 for 70 boys by Mr G.W. Latham in a new farm building.  Re-certified 1916 for 80 boys.  Combined with the premises at Holmes Chapel for a total of 125 boys in 1918.  Later removed to Holmes Chapel as SALTERSFORD APPROVED SCHOOL

unsure of the certification date.  Became SALTERSFORD APPROVED SCHOOL from 1933.

Formed as a successor to

    a.k.a.

Certified 9th April 1855

STAFF

1867 - Mr Howarth (superintendent) and wife.  Mr Latham manager.

1868 - Mr Howarth (superintendent) and wife, schoolmaster Mr Carter

1872 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Howarth; schoolmaster Mr Cartwright; labour-master and dairy-woman, Mr & Mrs Abel.

1884 - Superintendent and matron Mr & Mrs Howarth, succeeded by Mr & Mrs Edward Shaw; schoolmaster Mr Brickhill; assistant schoolmaster Mr. J Charlwood.

1891 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Ed. Shaw; schoolmaster Mr Ed. Shaw Jun., assistant teacher and labour-master Mr Stevenson; bailiff Mr. Suffill.

1893 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Ed. Shaw; schoolmaster Mr Ed. Shaw Jun., assistant teacher and labour-master Mr Stevenson; bailiff Mr. Suffill.

1901 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Edward Shaw; schoolmaster Mr E.C Jones appointed 18th January 1900 to succeed Mr Allford who left 14th November 1899.  Assistant teacher Mr A.W. Shaw; second assistant teacher Mr S Boffey appointed 2nd January 1900 to succeed Mr Hayes, who left 2nd January 1900; assistant matron Miss B.M. Shaw; farm bailiff Mr Thos. Eden.

1903 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Edward Shaw; assistant matron Miss Shaw; schoolmaster Mr A.W. Shaw; assistant schoolmaster Mr James Wood.