The institution was founded by the late Mr Robert Hanbury, and has been carried on for above 12 years as an establishment supported only by voluntary contributions and receiving voluntary inmates. The managers decided on placing the institutions under the Industrial Schools Act; and it was according certified 6th June 1867.
Closed and transferred to Leytonstone, London 12th October, 1883
1867 - Superintendent, Mr Darbyshire, and his wife who acts as matron.
1868 - Mr & Mrs Darbyshire superintend the institution, assisted by a certificated schoolmaster, Mr. Hewitt. A number of lads formerly pupils in the school, and now working under masters in the neighbourhood, are lodged and boarded in the house which bounds the school premises in Commercial Street. This arrangement is productive of great practical benefits.
1869 - Mr & Mrs Larcombe, who succeeded Mr Darbyshire as governor, and his wife; schoolmaster, Mr Hewitt.
1872 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Langford; schoolmaster Mr Rumsey.
1882 - Governor, Thomas Langford; Hon. Sec's. Sir T. Fowell Buxton, Bart & N.J Powell Esq.