The boys were removed from the old premises at Bridge House in September 1868. This new building which Mr Leyland has erected and fitted up for the purpose on the west side of Wandsworth Common. The new premises are well planned and thoroughly well finished, their situation remarkably healthful. Mr Leyland has spared no expense to make them complete in all their arrangements.
Certified 26th March 1868 for 180 boys. Closed 1901
1868 - Mr Leyland is assisted by Mr Newland (his son-in-law), as principal superintendent. A serious outbreak of fever occurred among the boys during the Spring whilst at Bridge House, but thanks to the unremitting care of the officers if the institution, and especially the medical attendant Mr Brown, hardly any of the cases ended fatally. The fever was chiefly attributable to the effects of the repeated high tides which occurred in the early part of the year, which laid the yards, gardens etc. under water and covered them with mud.
1869 - Mr & Mrs Leyland, general managers; Mr & Mrs Newland, superintendent and matron.
1872 - Superintendent and matron, Mr & Mrs Newland; schoolmaster, Mr Hinde; assistant Mr Gibson.
1884 - Manager, Mr John Newland; superintendent and schoolmaster, Mr Jackson.
1891 - Manager, Mr J. F. Newland; matron Mrs Newland; superintendent Mr W.S. Jackson; schoolmaster Mr B. Brooks; assistant schoolmaster and clerk, Mr G. Phillips; trade-master Mr E. Gibson.
1893 - Manager and director, Mr J. F. Newland; superintendent, Mr W. F. Jackson; Schoolmaster, Mr B. Brooks; clerk, Mr G. Phillips; trade-master, Mr E. Gibson.
1900 - Superintendent Mr W. S. Jackson; matron Mrs Wood; head teacher Mr G. Phillips; assistant teacher Mr A. F. Saunders. Mr T. D. Smyth assistant schoolmaster and drill instructor, left for South Africa in the autumn; shoemaker Mr Tucker, who also assists in the school room; chief trade instructor Mr Gibson.