LANCASHIRE REFORMATORY SCHOOL FOR GIRLS. Certified 23rd June 1869. Transferred to new premises at May Place, Old Swan, Liverpool under the same name. Certified 24th November 1876 for 70 girls.
The St. Helens' premises were certified on 23rd December 1899 as an INDUSTRIAL SCHOOL FOR ROMAN CATHOLIC GIRLS, for 30 girls, for a period of two years. Set up by the Convent of Mercy. Certificate extended in 1902 & 1903 until 1904. Certified 17th September 1904 for 120 girls in the new premises. It became the Sisters of the Sacred Heart, Approved School from 1933.