HOME PAGE

SCHOOL INDEX

 

Certified 4th September 1885 for 80 boys.  Re-certified 19th May 1904 for 100 boys and in 1915 130/150?? boys.  Closed April 1924.

There was also an Auxiliary Home, which was certified 18th October 1892 for 30 boys.  Cessation of certification or closure in 1915.

STAFF

1891 - Sister Superior, Sister Angela.  The Rev. Canon Robinson of Macclesfield undertakes the general supervision and director.

1893 - Sister Superior, Sister Angela.  The Rev. Canon Robinson of Macclesfield undertakes the general supervision and director.  A committee of managers directs the whole.

1900 - Superintendent Sister Angela and 7 sisters of the Order of the Immaculate Conception.  The priest of St Joseph's Church acts as Chaplain.  In charge of the school-room Sister Monica.

1903 - The school remains under the management of Sister Angela (Miss Julia O'Dea) and 7 sisters of the Order of the Immaculate Conception.  The priest of St Joseph's Church acts as Chaplain.